Merino Wool Wash Instructions
Wash Instructions for Merino Wool Sleep Sacks & Clothing
- It is not necessary to wash your Woolino garments prior use
- WE SUGGEST MACHINE WASH: Close all zippers. Use gentle wool cycle, on LOW temperature, 100°F /40°C max. Gentle spin
- If hand wash: Gently soak and squish in lukewarm water. Do not agitate, wring or rub wool against wool
- Use wool approved detergent (natural preferred)
- Do not soak or bleach
- Avoid fabric conditioners and softeners
- Use minimal amount of detergent as it can increase felting and pilling over time
- Dry flat when possible. Keep away from direct sunlight or any direct heat source (radiator). Sleeping bags can also be tumble dried on “NO Heat” or “LOW Heat/Delicates” settings. Close zippers before tumble drying.
- Cool iron on outer cotton only. Do not iron prints or labels
Pilling - How to prevent it
Pilling is a natural process that is inherent in merino fabric due to the fact that merino is a staple fiber. Generally, pilling occurs because the shorter fibers are working their way to the surface of the fabric.
The best way to avoid pilling is to wash a new merino wool product after the first couple of wears. The pilling will diminish over time as non-tenacious wool fibers work themselves free of the fabric and break away.